Try this easy No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake for your next party!
This No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake is the perfect way to beat the heat. And since you don’t have to bake it, you won’t be heating up your kitchen, either!
Who doesn’t love a good Banana Split Dessert?! Luckily, this ice box cake will make a great summer dessert that everyone will love. You’ll love it, too, because this banana split dessert recipe is quick, easy, and won’t require you to spend time in a hot kitchen. It’s the perfect no bake summer dessert that will only take you about 15 minutes to prepare!
How to Make a Banana Split Icebox Cake
Who doesn’t love a good banana split in the heart of summer?! If you have a party to go to, or you’re planning your own soiree, this banana split ice box cake recipe is just the thing to whip up for everyone to enjoy!
So how exactly do you go about making a No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake?! First, make sure you have all of the ingredients listed at the bottom of this recipe. Luckily, all of the ingredients are really easy to grab at a quick trip to the grocery store and you’ll be ready to start in no time!
Before you begin making your banana split cake with pudding, know that you’ll need to have this in the freezer for at least a couple of hours before you serve it. Overnight would be even better! We just want to make sure you have enough time for it to freeze and be the best it can be before you serve it. And… it makes it nice and cold for that hot, summer heat!
1. Start by layering the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan with graham crackers, similar to the picture above. Place them close together, as this will be serving as your “crust”. Who doesn’t love a good layer of graham crackers for a crust?!
2. Next, mix together your vanilla pudding mix and milk, stir well, and refrigerate for about 5 minutes. You’ll want this pudding mixture to cool enough where it is settled and doesn’t appear runny when you place it on top of the graham crackers.
3. Take the pudding mixture out of the refrigerator and stir it well again. Then, place the mixture on top of the graham crackers and spread it over the graham crackers evenly. When this step is completed, it should appear similar to the picture above.
4. Next, make sure your bananas are sliced. Add a layer of the banana slices over the pudding mixture, followed by a layer of cool whip over the bananas. Your Banana Split Cake is coming along perfectly! And it’s been super easy to create this great cake so far, right?!
You’re not quite done yet, but you are definitely almost completed with your “stressful” day of baking in the kitchen!
5. Top your cool whip with some delicious maraschino cherries, graham cracker crumbs and drizzled fudge. Mmmmm, this is looking better and better with each step you finish! I bet you can’t wait to get these final steps done to present your yummy banana split cake to everyone!
Check out the picture above to get a sense for what your No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake should look like by this point. When it comes to No bake summer desserts, there isn’t much that can beat this one. Just think about how much the kids would love it after coming inside after playing. What a great way to cool down after a day in the sun!
Or, if you are heading over to someone’s house for that last summer party of the season, this is a great dessert to take with you. Just make sure you can stick it in the freezer until it’s time to serve, and you’re all set. It’s quick, easy, and a breeze to serve!
6. Finally, place the pan in the freezer for about 2 hours before you serve. You want the No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake to be nice and firm when it’s time to cut it apart, or it could be a little too runny when it’s time to cut into this yummy summer dessert.
If you have the time to make it the day before, that’s a great way to be ahead of the game, too. You can even make it the night before, quick throw it in the freezer, and go about your day until it’s time to take it out for your event. No muss, no fuss!
Next, it’s time for you to serve and enjoy! Summertime is the best time to make Banana Split Desserts, but this is such an easy way to serve multiple people at once.
We also love how you can personalize it for your own tastes of who is around you as well! Want to drain pineapple and add it to the banana split cake? Feel free to customize your No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake!
- 1 Package Graham Crackers
- 4-5 Bananas Sliced
- 2 1.5 oz. Package Vanilla Pudding, (I used sugar free)
- 4 Cups Milk, (I used 1% milk)
- 1 Large Jar Maraschino Cherries
- 1 8 oz. Container Cool Whip
- Start by layering the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers.
- Next, mix together your pudding mix and milk, stir well, and refrigerate for about 5 minutes.
- Stir pudding well again, and place on top of graham crackers.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas, followed by a layer of cool whip.
- Top your cool whip with cherries, graham cracker crumbs and drizzled fudge.
- Place pan in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
There is something about nice, cold summer desserts that always hits the spot. Enjoy the last few weeks of your summer and create your own banana split icebox cake that everyone will love. Before you know it, you’ll be swarmed with people asking you for the recipe and you might just have to admit exactly how easy this was to create!