Make these fun Unicorn Poop Cookies for your child’s unicorn birthday party!
Unicorn Poop Cookies are the perfect addition to any Unicorn themed party. They are fun and bring a little silly into the day, as well! But you don’t need a party to make these Unicorn Cookies. Making them just for the fun of it might be the best! Your kids will definitely think so!
If you’re looking for unicorn party food ideas, these Unicorn Poop Cookies are perfect to add to your dessert table. They are quick and easy to make and the kids will absolutely go wild over them!
How to Make Unicorn Poop Cookies
It might seem like a big undertaking, but don’t you worry. Making Unicorn Poop Cookies is a breeze! Get ready to have some fun and bake up these easy Unicorn Cookies with the kids for any occasion. Or no occasion at all!
First thing is first… Before you even start, make sure you go out and get yourself a good Emoji Poop Cookie Cutter! That is going to be how you are going to shape these great Unicorn Poop Sugar Cookies. Step 1, done!
Next, make sure you have all of the ingredients that are given in the recipe below. Since you’re just making sugar cookies, there is nothing too out of the norm and you should be prepped to start the fun stuff and make some Unicorn Poop in no time!
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, you’ll start making your sugar cookie dough!
2. Beat the butter and sugar together with a mixer, after which, you’ll add in the almond extract and the egg.
3. Next, you’ll separate the dough you’ve formed into 3 small bowls and mix in a few drops of food coloring into each bowl. Essentially, you’ll be creating a different color with each bowl, so you’ll have to fight it out to make sure you all agree on what colors the unicorn poop cookies will end up being!
In the picture above, we decided to go with a little red to create more of a pinkish color, along with green and purple. What kind of Unicorn Poop are you going to create?!
4. Next, mix in about 3/4 cup of flour to each bowl and knead the dough with your hands until it starts sticking together. Add about a tablespoon of flour to each bowl if it gets too sticky. We don’t want all of that gorgeous unicorn poop to rub off on your hands!
Now comes the super fun part of the Unicorn Poop Cookie Recipe!
5. Lay down a piece of parchment paper, break apart your dough, roll each piece out into a log shape and lay each piece next to each other in rotating colors. You have a cute little rainbow!
6. Flour a rolling pin and roll your dough out to a thickness of around 1/8″. You should have a large area of rainbow sugar cookie dough in front of you, ready to go nuts with!
Get that Poop Emoji Cookie Cutter out, because that’s our next step!
7. Use the poop emoji cookie cutter to cut out poop shapes. Place the ‘poop’ onto your lined baking pan and cook for 10-12 minutes.
Just like with your yearly Christmas sugar cookies, take all of the leftovers and see if you can roll out an extra area or two that you can cut out additional cookies with, too. Even if the second rolls aren’t as perfectly symmetrical with their colors as the first, it’s still going to look beautiful with the colors.
And they will taste delicious, too!
8. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack until they are easy to handle and ready for the next step.
9. Melt 2 cups of your white candy melts in a microwave safe dish for 3 to 4 minutes on 50% power. Make sure you are stirring the melted candy every 30 seconds until melted, or you may end up with a burned mess at the bottom of your dish!
10. Once the white chocolate has fully melted, scoop it into a plastic baggie and cut a small tip off the end. Begin outlining your cookies like the picture above, with your melted chocolate.
Get creative! There is no right or wrong way and if the kids want to give it a go for a couple of the cookies, let them knock their socks off! Don’t feel like you have to follow the color patterns of the cookie either. Choose your color and get creative with it!
11. Top with pink sugar sprinkles and let the chocolate harden. Perhaps pink won’t work with the colors that you choose for your separate sugar cookie bowl? No problem, use any colored sugar that you feel will make your Unicorn Poop Cookies look their absolute best!
Just like that you have some pretty fantastic Unicorn Poop Cookies that were easy to make and everyone will enjoy! Who doesn’t love some Unicorn themed cookies, no matter the occasion. But if you do happen to have a special unicorn birthday coming up in your household, this is going to be a hit.
You may even consider doing this as a group with the party, depending on where the birthday party is held and how many little party guests are going to be in attendance. Everyone loves a hands-on activity for birthday parties and you could even send them home as Unicorn party favors, too. Individually wrap them in little cellophane bags and everyone will be able to remember the fun they had when they are at their homes eating their little Unicorn themed cookies. Fun!
- 3/4 cup Softened Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Pink, teal and Purple Food Coloring
- 2 Cups White Candy Melts
- Pink Sugar Sprinkles
- Decorating Bag
- Rolling Pin
- Poop Emoji Cookie Cutter
- 1. Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet of parchment paper.
- Beat your butter and sugar together with a mixer.
- Then mix in your almond extract and egg.
- Separate your dough into 3 small bowls and mix in a few drop of food coloring in each one to color each bowl a different color.
- Now mix in about 3/4 cup of flour to each bowl.
- Knead the dough in your hands until it starts sticking together, adding a tablespoon of flour to each if too sticky.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper, break apart your dough, roll each piece out into a log shape and lay each piece next to each other rotating colors.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll your dough out to a thick 1/8".
- Use your poop emoji cookie cutter to cut out poop shapes, place on your lined baking pan and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Let your cookies cool on a wire rack.Melt 2 cups of your white candy melts in a microwave safe dish for 3 to 4 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Scoop your white melted chocolate into a plastic baggie and cut a small tip off the end. Then begin outlining your cookies like pictured with your melted chocolate.
- Top with pink sugar sprinkles and let the chocolate harden.