Make these Easy Seashell Graham Cracker Treats for the ultimate Under the Sea or Mermaid party treat!
These fun and Easy Seashell Graham Cracker Treats are so simple to make and an absolute kid-approved dessert. Whether you are throwing an awesome under the sea or mermaid birthday party, these Graham cracker treats are sure to be a winner!
Mermaid and Under the Sea themed parties are so popular right now. So, if you’re throwing a fun party theme like that and are looking for some kid-approved treats for the party, these easy graham cracker treats are sure to be a big hit! You can whip up these yummy Seashell Graham Cracker Treats in no time. They are not only easy to make, but they’re super delicious too! Graham cracker treats recipes are always a hit with the younger crowd, so the kids will love them!
How to Make Seashell Graham Crackers
The kids are going to be in heaven if you make these easy seashell graham cracker treats for their next birthday party or play date. Not only are they perfect for a beach day, but they also would make wonderful desserts for your dessert table if you’re planning a pool party, beach themed party, mermaid party, etc.
Not only that, but you can also make them for a perfect classroom treat once school is back in session. They are quick and easy to create and would be a great thing for your little one to bring to school. Especially if their class is doing any ocean, water, or beach themed activities in class at that specific time. Ask the teacher… I bet they would love the help during that particular curriculum lesson!
Before you start, make sure you have all of the ingredients that are listed at the bottom of this post. Luckily, everything is easy and should be absolutely no problem to obtain! If you live in a smaller area that may not have the seashell mold, you may have to head over to Amazon to order before you start, but that’s not a problem! Thanks to Amazon Prime, you’ll get it in no time!
1. Carefully break your graham crackers in half and frost each cracker half with the blue frosting, as seen in the picture below. Sometimes it can be tricky getting those graham crackers to break evenly, so be extra careful during this step!
Looks like a nice “under the sea” type of vibe is going on already and you just have barely started! Make sure the kids aren’t around you when you’re making this, or some of these graham cracker halves may go missing before they have even been completed! Who could blame them because these Graham cracker treats look really yummy already!
2. Take your iced graham crackers and sprinkle some crushed graham crackers onto the bottom, as you see in the picture below. It’s usually easiest to crush a few graham crackers in a sandwich or Ziploc bag, to make sure none of the crushed graham crackers end up on the floor!
Here, you are creating the beach on the sand, or the sand at the bottom of the sea. Whatever your little heart desires is what it’s going to be! We just love the versatility of these great Seashell Graham Cracker Treats. They can definitely be used for a lot of parties and events!
3. Next, in a small microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup of the light pink candy melts. You’ll set it at 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the candy is fully melted.
4. Now, scoop your melted pink candy into a decorating bag and cut a small tip off of the end. You will also sprinkle a small amount of edible glitter into each of the seashell molds, than fill the mold with your pink melted candy.
Everyone is going to love the sparkly effect this is going to create, just wait and see!
5. Place the seashell molds in the freezer for about 15 minutes so they can cool. You will then carefully pop out each candy seashell out of the mold to use on your Seashell Graham Cracker Treats.
Can you see the glittery effect the edible glitter created for your newly formed seashells?! Yay!
6. Finally, place a couple of the seashells onto the crushed graham crackers onto each graham cracker square. Place them wherever you want and vary up the shells to mix and match perfectly. You’re in charge!
Look how adorable these are! Everyone is going to enjoy digging into these Beach Themed Snacks over the summer when you’re heading out for a day at the lake. But even if it’s the dead of winter and your little one is prepping for a Mermaid birthday party or an Under the Sea birthday party, you are going to be the biggest winner when you bring out these Seashell Graham Cracker Treats!
If you’re feeling creative, you can always change up some of the colors, too, if it would fit in better with whatever type of event you are preparing for. Perhaps you have a little guy that isn’t too keen with the pink seashells. Well, that’s not a problem at all! Just pick a different color for the candy melts!
Also, if you are so inclined, you can get more icing in tubes and create little palm trees if it’s a beach theme or fish in the “water” if it’s an ocean themed party. The sky is the limit and if you’re feeling extra generous, you can even let the kiddos decorate their own! These would be amazing Under the Sea crafts for the kids to make and decorate during the party too!
- 1 Box Graham Crackers
- 1 Container Blue Frosting
- 1-2 Bags Pink Candy Melts
- 1 Food Safe Seashell Mold
- Edible Glitter
- Decorating Bag
- Carefully break your graham crackers in half.
- Frost each graham cracker half with your blue frosting and sprinkle your crushed graham crackers onto the bottom.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup of light pink candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Scoop your melted pink candy into a decorating bag and cut a small tip off the end.
- Sprinkle a small amount of edible glitter into each seashell mold and fill with your pink melted candy.
- Place your seashell mold in the freezer for about 15 minutes and carefully pop out each seashell.
- Place a couple seashells onto the crushed graham crackers on each graham cracker square.