Whether you’re gearing up for your annual Memorial Day kick off to summer celebration at the beach or enjoying the day grilling in the backyard with your family, we have the perfect refreshment to wash down all of those delicious burgers! This super easy Patriotic Punch Recipe is perfect for kids and adults! Everyone will love this festive red, white and blue drink to kick off summer! We added a sweet touch to our mason jars with a sugar rim using Tate+Lyle® Sugars. Tate+Lyle® Sugars are the perfect thing to sweeten up your summer and holiday dessert recipes, teas, cocktails and more!
Tate+Lyle® Sugars are a thoughtful and inspiring choice of sugar because not only are they certified organic, but also are Fairtrade certified, which means fair prices and opportunities for small-scale sugarcane farmers to invest in their communities for a sustainable future.
Patriotic Punch Recipe for Memorial Day
- Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- Red or Blue Food Coloring
- Sandwich Bag
- Red Juice
- Blue Sports Drink
- White Sports Drink
- Start by making your sugar-rimmed mason jar. Pour Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar into a sandwich bag, add food coloring, and mix around until all of the sugar is covered in the bag.
- Get the rim of your mason jar wet by dipping it in the sports drink, then dipping it in the colored sugar.
- Fill the mason jar to the rim with ice.
- Pour red juice (or the drink with the highest sugar content) in a mason jar until it fills about 1/3 of the glass. Tip: I tilted the glass as I poured the juice to keep from getting the ice discolored.
- Add more ice as needed before each beverage is added to the glass.
- Next, slowly pour in drink with second highest sugar content. In this case, it was the blue sports drink. Again, fill it up 1/3 or more.
- Lastly, add some crushed ice to the glass. (This helps the white juice not to blend into the other juices.) Then, slowly pour the white drink to the rim of the glass.
- Add a fun straw. Do not mix. Cheers!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.