This Frozen Kahlua Mudslide Recipe is the perfect dessert for your next party!
There’s nothing better than a delectable dessert that you can gobble down in mere seconds. This frozen Kahlua Mudslide recipe from Renee of Two in the Kitchen is one of those recipes. I mean just look at it … don’t think this would last very long in my house!
Hello everyone, Renee here again with another fabulous recipe! I decided to make an ice cream dessert. For this frozen ice cream dessert, I used my favorite Ghirardeli brownie mix for the base. Then I made this dessert extra special by making a Kahlua frosting to top it all off. Seriously, this is the best mudslide dessert that I have tasted. It is the best combination of chocolate, vanilla and coffee flavors. Even though I used vanilla ice cream, if you wanted a stronger coffee flavor, you could use coffee ice cream and I’m sure it would taste amazing. I made this Kahlua dessert in my favorite 9×13 Pyrex glass baking dish.
- 1 box of Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 gallon of vanilla or coffee ice cream
- 5 Tablespoons of Kahlua coffee liquor, divided
- 2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 TBLS boiling water
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare a large 9x13 glass baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray
- Stir together the brownie mix, water, oil and egg in a large bowl and pour in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until the brownies no longer jiggle and an inserted toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then poke holes in the top of the brownies and brush 2 TBLS of Kahlua over the top. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to continue cooling.
- In the meantime make the frosting by placing the cocoa in a large mixing bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Add the butter and blend it until well mixed. Add the 3 remaining TBLS of Kahlua and mix until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy. Taste it. If you want more Kahlua flavor, add another TBLS. Add a little more powdered sugar if necessary until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the brownies from the refrigerator and scoop the ice cream over the top and smooth it into a flat layer. Place covered in the freezer for ten minutes.
- Remove and spread the frosting over the top. Cover and place in the freezer for at least an hour before serving. Store any remaining dessert covered in the freezer.
Check out some more delicious recipes here:
Check out some of our favorite baking products here:
Sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime and get free 2-day shipping on your baking products!
- Cake Batter Dispenser
- 3 Tier Cooling Rack
- ChefLand Set of 6 Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
- KitchenAid 5 Quart Mixer
- KitchenAid 17 Piece Tools and Gadgets Set