“This post was sponsored by Hello Happy. Hello Hershey’s, as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central.”
There’s no question that many happy moments are made during the summer with family. We love to spend time as a family on our enclosed porch, enjoying dinner or a special sweet treat! Since my family LOVES chocolate, we decided to treat ourselves to the HERSHEYS Kisses Skillet Cookie Recipe! Topped with HERSHEY’S Kisses, Vanilla ice cream, and HERSHEY’S Chocolate Syrup, this dessert is the ultimate treat to share with your loved ones!
On the first official day of summer – June 20 – HERSHEY’S will set out to remind people who happiness is a choice and sweeten their day by celebrating “Hello Happy Moments” – the intimate, individual and personal moments of happy that we choose each and every day, which build connections and create memories that last a lifetime. What fun, and unexpected, happy moments do you enjoy with their children? I definitely try to soak in all of these special, happy moments now while my son is little because he’s growing up so quickly. It’s those fun, happy, and goofy moments together that will be remembered long after your children are grown and out of the house. That’s why it’s so important to choose happiness each and every single day!
One way my family sweetens their summer is by sharing a delicious chocolate dessert. One of our absolute favorite dessert recipes is the HERSHEY’S Kisses Skillet Cookie Recipe. This skillet is loaded with delicious HERSHEY’S chocolate and topped with ice cream for the perfect summer treat. The best part is everyone grabbing spoons and digging in together!
Let us know how you and your family will share the chocolate-y goodness of HERSHEY’S Chocolates with your loved ones this summer! Leave us a comment below! We would love to hear from you!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
- HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates (optional)
- Ice Cream (optional)
- HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in 8-inch cast iron skillet with 2-inch sides over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in sugar with wooden spoon. Cool 10 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Stir together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir into egg mixture; stirring until thoroughly combined. (Skillet is very full; stir gently.)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set.
- Top with HERSHEY'S KISSES.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and chocolate syrup, if desired.