Creating your very own Spring Dessert Table for Easter can be so much fun! Most cake makers are now happy to offer dessert table styling, so it may be the best option so you don’t need to worry about it on the big day! It’s still easy to put your spin on it and make it personal to you by including your ideas and any props you may wish to use. That is exactly what happened in this styled photo shoot that was created by The Sweet Hostess. There are some wonderful ideas below in this Easter Themed Styled Photo Shoot!
The main color inspiration behind the dessert table was the silver and pastel tassel garland. Spring doesn’t always have to be about florals; but by just adding a few pastel shades it can easily be transformed giving it a Spring look.
The beautiful ruffle cake, made by Bliss Blespoke, is the main focus of the dessert table contrasting perfectly with the tassel garland. Ruffles are one of the top trends in celebration cakes for 2014. Many were available last year, too, but the variety of ways we are seeing ruffles used this year is diverse. From asymmetrical to circular ruffles, they are proving very popular! The beauty of a ruffle is it gives movement to a cake without it being floral.
To add a sense of glamour, there was also a silver sequin tablecloth, which also ties in with the tassel garland. It is such a nice contrast to the colors of the table while remaining nice and glitzy!
And who couldn’t resist adding a little bunny or two?!?! If you are a Pinterest and DIY lover, search for ‘bunny jars’ and you will find some FAB tutorials on creating these fun little jars! To add a touch of floral, a table sign was added by Silver Deer, which is also a great way to personalize your table. By mixing and matching lots of pastel cake stands, sweets and jars, you’ll walk away with everyone wanting YOU to help them at their next party!
- Lacking inspiration? Find an object and use that as your inspiration. It could be as simple as an old vintage tablecloth that belongs to your grandma, a gorgeous wall backdrop at your venue, colorful jars or cake stands, floral arrangement or the obvious – your cake! Once you have found your main inspiration, everything else will fall into place.
- Think about textures. It may not be obvious, but have a variety of sweets and cakes available to create interest.
- Don’t like pastels? Then use colors that suit you and add subtle touches of Spring like the bunny jars above. It doesn’t have to be obvious.
- Leave it to the experts! Cake makers and dessert table stylists are a lot more specialized than you think and it can really take away the stress on you for the big event.
Credits & Resources
This feature contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure policy.
Also, get FREE 2-day shipping on your party products when you sign up for a FREE 30 day trial of Amazon Prime.
- Silver sequined tablecloth
- Silver sequined table runner
- Glass Cake Stand
- Pastel Cake Stand
- Light Green Cake Stand
- Blue Cake Stand
- Easter Bunny Table Decoration
- Easter Bunny Moss Table Decoration
- White Cupcake Liners
- Glass Jars with White Lids
- Bunny Hop Garland
- Egg/Grapevine Garland
- Pastel Pom Pom Garland