Get your free party planning checklist
Become a party insider and get free access to the hottest party trends, the best sales, exclusive freebies, and more!
Jessie Webster of Sweet Thing is sharing a fun tutorial for DIY Fringe Balloons. This balloon DIY is super easy and adds a festive touch to any event. They are the perfect added element for an engagement photo shoot, a birthday party, bridal shower, baby shower, or cake smash!
- 30 to 36 inch round balloons (Get the balloons blown up at your local party store, but just make sure you can fit them in your car!)
- Tissue paper and/or fabric in 3 to 4 different colors. (The fabric should be light weight, so it doesn’t weigh the balloons down.)
- Lace Ribbon
- Optional: Rosette for the top.
- Start by cutting your lace ribbon in a strip about 5 to 6 inches long. This will take the place of the ribbon holding the balloon.
- Cut the fabric into rectangles approximately 1 x 1.5 inches. If you’re using tissue paper, there is no need to cut. Just fold the sheets in half lengthwise.
- Cut strips in the fabric/tissue paper leaving approximately 1.5 inches on the top uncut.
- Tie a piece of lace or ribbon around the center of the fringe.
- Fold the fabric/tissue paper in half, so the ribbon is on the left side. Roll it up and then wrap the lace around the top and tie it in a knot. Make sure to leave a few inches of ribbon free to attach the balloon.
- Tie your pieces of fringe onto the lace handle starting at the top. It looks best to vary the color of the fringe.
- Optional: Place a rosette at the top directly under the balloon.
There you have it – these DIY Fringe Balloons are a simple, fun and festive DIY that you can incorporate into parties or photo shoots! We love to see your DIY projects. Tag @prettymyparty on Instagram with the hashtag #prettymyparty and your project could be featured on Pretty My Party’s Instagram feed!
Credit and photography: Jessie Webster of Sweet Thing
Check out these fun DIY ideas:
- DIY Painted Flower Vase
- DIY Glittery Custom Champagne Favors
- DIY Floral Chair Backs
- DIY Glitter Champagne Flutes