A Twinkle Twinkle Little Star theme is perfect for a boy turning 2!
What child doesn’t love the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?!” Shannon Wellington of Bottle Pop Party Company styled this super adorable Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Party for her son’s 2nd birthday. This celebration was as cute as can be with a fun and creative DIY window backdrop with twinkle lights and clouds, star decorations and desserts, and a cool “Star Bar.” This theme can easily be for a boy or a girl too so it’s perfect for any child!
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Party Ideas
- DIY window with twinkle lights as dessert table backdrop with clouds and bunting
- Light blue, navy blue and yellow color palette
- Star themed sign with saying from Galileo
- White chocolate birthday cake with gold glitter star cake toppers
- Star and shooting star sugar cookies
- Desserts including cake pops, Rice Krispie star pops, pretzel snaps, Oreo truffles, yogurt stars, and parfaits
- “Star Bar” Beverage Station with star party cups and star themed water bottle labels
- Large blue glitter twinkle sign decoration
- Gabriel’s 2nd year photo frame collage
- Star-themed printables, signs, decorations, and party supplies
Star Themed Party Supplies and Decorations:
- Star Party Straws
- Cake Topper
- Cupcake Toppers
- Jumbo Cloud Balloons
- Birthday Invitation
- Poster Sign
From Shannon: I figured at age 2, this would be the last year I could call the shots on my son’s birthday party theme. Even though he’s growing up so fast, I knew I wanted a sweet theme that was still a bit babyish. His first and favorite song has been “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” so I knew that was the way to go. I convinced a friend to save her old windows for me for the backdrop, which I backed with a navy shower curtain and tiny twinkle lights. I whipped up some puffy white clouds to hang above it using felt and batting. Then I went crazy with the desserts. From the gold glittered cake pops to the shooting star sugar cookies to the pineapple stars, everything was homemade. I added a bit of gold washi tape to all of my white serving pieces to tie it together. Since I went crazy with the dessert table, I cut myself some slack and ordered pizza. But not before a Star Bar was born! I filled glass bottles with tea and lemonade and covered anything that stood still with those little gold teacher’s star stickers. Some homemade constellation embroidery told everyone about it!
What an adorable Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Party with lots of fun, easy and creative DIY ideas! We’re sure this 2 year old loved his star themed birthday party!
What’s your favorite party ideas in this celebration? Let us know in the comments below.
Party Styling and Desserts: Shannon Wellington of Bottle Pop Party Company
Party Invitations: Paper Cut Couture
Print: Bottle Pop Party Company