Paw Patrol Puppy Print Cupcakes
This post has been sponsored by American Greetings. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These Paw Patrol Puppy Print Cupcakes are quick and easy and make the perfect dessert for your child’s Paw Patrol party!
My son’s favorite show is Paw Patrol, so I knew he was going to want a Paw Patrol birthday party this year. There are so many fun and creative things you can do with a Paw Patrol birthday theme and I knew I wanted to get super creative with the desserts. I searched and found some great Paw Patrol cupcake ideas and this particular idea was my favorite because it seemed easy to do. The show is all about the adorable, adventurous puppies, so I made these Paw Patrol Puppy Print Cupcakes. I love how they turned out and the kids thought they were the cutest things!
- If you’re looking for more Paw Patrol party ideas, check out these 10 Perfect Paw Patrol Birthday Cakes.
- Don’t worry, there’s more Paw Patrol Party Ideas for Girls with these cute Paw Patrol Skye Party Ideas!
- Get some more great inspiration for your dog-themed party with this Adorable Puppy Themed Birthday Party. Find creative ideas for decorations, party favors, desserts, and more!
Planning children’s parties can be a lot of work, so I always shop online for what I need. Target.com is definitely my one-stop-shop for everything I need when planning a party or event. American Greetings has a cute line of Paw Patrol party supplies at Target, so I went to Target.com to buy everything I needed for the party and the Paw Patrol cupcakes.
My son loves chocolate, so I knew I had to whip up a batch of delicious homemade chocolate cupcakes for my DIY Paw Patrol cupcakes. These moist chocolate cupcakes are full of flavor and will melt in your mouth. The Paw Patrol cupcake toppers were simply chocolate sandwich cookies and chocolate candies placed to form a puppy paw print. The kids and their parents absolutely loved them!
Paw Patrol Puppy Print Cupcakes Recipe
For the cupcakes: (Yields: 14-16 cupcakes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Chocolate Candies
For the frosting: (Yields: 1 cup)
- 2 cups powered sugar
- 2 tbsp margarine, softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the water to the batter and mix well.
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 18-23 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
For the frosting:
- Combine ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
To complete the cupcakes:
- Ice your cupcakes.
- Add chocolate sandwich cookie to the center of the cupcake.
- Add 3 chocolate candies to complete the puppy paw print.
What do you think of these Paw Patrol Puppy Print Cupcakes? Will you make them for your child’s Paw Patrol party? Let us know in the comments below!
Save yourself some time by getting everything you need for your child’s birthday party at Target.com. Paw Patrol© 2017 Spin Master.
For more party ideas, follow us on Instagram @prettymyparty and Pinterest a