This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions are my own. #MinuteHoliday
Are you looking for a quick and delicious side dish for your holiday gatherings? Try this Cranberry and Almond Rice Side Dish. You can have great-tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes with Minute® White Rice. It’s easy to prepare and is a great compliment to your holiday meal or any meal.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups Minute® Rice uncooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in rice and cranberries until rice is covered in oil and is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour chicken broth into skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bring rice mixture to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce to low heat. Simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
5. Remove skillet from heat, stir in almonds and cilantro into rice mix. Garnish with cilantro and almonds. Then serve to guests.
You can also add chicken t the rice for a full meal! We love doing that in our family!
Go ahead and try something new this holiday with this delicious rice recipe. Visit http://bit.ly/1xCMDae for more than 400 recipe ideas, great for any holiday, pot luck, or dinner, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.