Why do little babies seem to turn 1-year-old so quickly? Where does the time go? Meet Emma Kate, who is one lucky little birthday girl. Here is how her mom would describe her – “Emma is full of energy and loves people. She loves going new places, having tea time, and loves pretty things. She is always the life of the party!” Go Emma!
When deciding what to do for her big birthday celebration, Emma’s mom resorted to the colors from Emma’s newborn photo shoot that she absolutely fell in love with – Mint and Coral. And it was with those colors that she made her first stop to plan the party – to the cake designer, Pink Cake Love, of course! The owner, Bonnie, always runs with whatever ideas are given to her and her creativity is something that Mom has fallen in love with for other events she has helped with. Choosing to work with Pink Cake Love definitely didn’t take a second thought! Bonnie served as the stylist for the event as well. Mom also loves pinwheels, so to add to the theme, they decided to go with a Mint and Coral Pinwheel First Birthday Party extravaganza!
Next on the party-planning list? Location, Location, Location! The lovely gazebo in Cate Square Park, which is in downtown Hammond, Louisiana, (in southern Louisiana) served as the perfect backdrop for this little girl’s milestone event. Emma’s mom had lots of inspiration for how she wanted the party to come together in her head. “I am in love with pinwheels, so I started there. I often shop for vintage items at Rusty Rooster in the Denham Springs Antique District. I actually ended up renting the dessert tables and chalk board from them. Once I had an overall theme in my mind, my cake designer brainstormed ideas for cookies, cake, smash cake, etc.”
- Designing Emma’s invitations
- Creating the birthday canvas
- Making the sign-in book where people would be able to write messages to Emma
- Burlap and Button Mason Jars with lots of help from items located at Hobby Lobby
Before the party, Mom scheduled a photo shoot for Emma with Lauren Carroll Photography that would focus on a cake smash exclusively with the birthday girl. The results turned out fantastic! So much so, that Mom decided to incorporate a 30×30 canvas display into the birthday event that was an adorable addition.
Emma’s party ended up being a huge success! It was a gorgeous day and approximately 40 people were in attendance to help the Little Lady celebrate her big day. Family and friends from all around the United States were in attendance! Five different types of sub sandwiches, homemade dips, brie, and assorted artisan cheeses were available for all of the guests to munch on and the desert table! WOW! Bonnie from Pink Cake Love ended up pulling together an amazing three-tier cake, along with cake pops, pinwheel cupcakes, Oreo balloon cookies, pinwheel sugar cookies with some rock candy to top it all off!
Lauren Carroll Photography was also on-hand the day of the event to capture the magical moments that come along with all first birthday parties. Who wants to miss the cake smash or all of those adorable moments that will always be cherished and treasured?!?! She did a fantastic job of capturing all of the details and special pieces of the event that tied everything together, as well.
To top off the birthday party, because of the great location, all of the children were able to enjoy all the fun that comes along with being in a park, like swinging on the swings and blowing bubbles all over the place.
When all was said and done, Emma’s Mom had so many favorite events and highlights that she will cherish from the party.
1. Emma’s cake smash session with the adorable cake that was created to look like her headband.
2. The three-tier pinwheel cake was a huge success.
3. Emma’s cute little friends played with pinwheels and helped her open gifts.
4. Sentimental notes written to Emma in her sign-in book for her to cherish forever
6. The old-fashioned Coca Cola bottles with stripy straws added a nice touch to the party.
The first year is now in the books for sweet little Emma. Now her mom gets to start thinking about what she is going to do for her second birthday party! Yeah!
Credits & Resources
Mint and Coral Headband: LittleLadyAccessory // Pinwheel centerpieces: Msapple // Wooden Utensils, Cake Stand, and Stripy Straws: Shop Sweet Lulu // Birthday Chalkboard Design: KatieCarrollDesigns // Vintage Table and Chalkboard: Timeless Vintage Rentals and Design // Stylist, Cake and Desserts: Pink Cake Love // Photographer: Lauren Carroll Photography
Looking to plan a sweet Pinwheel Themed Party?! Check out these fun products:
Also, get FREE 2 day shipping on your party products when you sign up for Amazon Prime.
- Modern, Festive Pinwheel Kit
- Decorative Pinwheel Drinking Straws
- 12 Pack of 6″ Pinwheels
- Coral Dessert Table Kit
- Aqua Dessert Table Kit
- 20 Pack Blank Coral Place Cards/Food Tent Cards
- White Vintage Peel and Stick Framed Chalkboard
- Fancy Pink Wooden Utensils
- Pink Ombre Striped Wooden Utensils
- Pink Chevron Wooden Utensils
- Set of 25 Teal Striped Paper Straws
- Set of 25 Pink Chevron Straws
- Happy Birthday Pinwheel Napkins
- 8 Pack Pinwheel Toppers
- Pinwheel Party Plates – 8 Count
- 75 Pinwheel Baking Cups
- Set of 3 Pink Extra Large 36″ Balloons
- Pack of 24 Pink Balloons 11″
- Pack of 15 Aqua Balloons 12″
- Aqua Blue Swirl Pops
- Aqua Triangle Banner Kit
- Aqua Washi Tape
- 12 Count White Rock Candy
- 12 Count Pink Bubble Gum Rock Candy
- 12 Count Aqua Cotton Candy Rock Candy
- Glass Beverage Dispenser Set
- Blue Mason Jars
- 12 Pack Vintage Milk Bottles with Pink Striped Straws