What else would a single 20-something gal want on her birthday other than a Fifty Shades of Grey Birthday Party with her closest friends? I know, I know, pretty sure a “real life Christian Grey” would be at the top of that list but lets face it ladies, he’s fictional (insert loud sob here!). So, you do the next best thing … let your Inner Goddess out to play and have some fun with all of Mr. Grey’s “50 shades” while enjoying the company of your best friends. And that’s just what this birthday girl did …
After being obsessed with this trilogy and longing for more after finishing the books, it was quite easy for Ashley Deoleo of Sole Luxe Events to gather up ideas and run with this theme! First and foremost, she knew everything would be GRAY, lots & lots of gray, silver, metals & etc. The best part was being able to mix and match all the different “shades” of gray and not have to worry about them matching exactly. There also had to be a bit of “bling” to give it that wow-factor and this is where the glitter fun came to play!
- A lip gloss tied to a mock email from Christian himself
- A bag of Twinnings Breakfast Tea (Just like Anastasia’s favorite!)
- Nail Polishes from The Polish Boutique, all with names matching the theme (such as “All tied up”, “Guilty Pleasures”, “Masquerade Belle”)
- A masquerade ring
- Massage oil
- Sweets such as Twizzlers, Suggar Daddy and Now & Laters
All sealed with a “Laters Baby” thank you sticker. One of the favorite things was coming up with a little poem to explain each favor! The purpose of the favors (besides being fun!) was to encourage the girls to embrace & let out their “Inner Goddess” to play!
Another little favor the guests got to take with them were glittered hand clappers that were renamed and decided to use as “twitchy palms”!! All these fun favors sat neatly in front of a DIY gray ombre backdrop made by Olivia (Cookie) Trigo.
It was SO much fun planning this event and being able to run free with ideas. It was great to have such a fresh theme, that hadn’t been done! All the vendors contributed so much and it definitely couldn’t have been done without them! And of course … A big thank you to E.L James for writing such an enjoyable & different novel that inspired everyone to run a little wild with the mindset of what all girls really want … Fifty shades of fun & fabulous!
Credits & Resources
Looking to plan your own fun Fifty Shades of Grey Themed Birthday Celebration?! Check out these fun products:
Also, get FREE 2-day shipping on your party products when you sign up for a FREE trial of Amazon Prime.
Check out Shop Pretty My Party for fun paper straws, favor bags and more!
- Glitzy Silver Fan Decorations
- Glittery Utensils Set
- 50 Silver Striped Straws
- Small Silver Beaded Cake Stand
- Silver Serving Tray
- Silver 3-Tier Server
- Grey Tissue Pom Poms
- 18 Pack Wood Cutlery Set with Grey Designs
- Diamond Rhinestone Ribbon Wrap
- Silver Washi Decorative Tape
- 12 Silver Fancy Cupcake Wrappers
- Silver Sparkling Circle Garland
- Silver Chinese Favor Boxes
- 12 Glitter Favor Boxes
- Silver Sprinkles
- Silver M&Ms Candy
- Set of 3 Glitter Candle Holders
- Drink Dispenser
- Silver Glitter Wine Glasses