During the long winter months, there’s nothing better than enjoying some delicious comfort food like Marie Callender’s homemade pot pies. Treat yourself and your family to tender white-meat chicken, carrots, celery and peas with a golden flaky crust. Yum! Round out the perfect dinner with creamy garlic mashed potatoes! You can’t go wrong with quality ingredients, delicious flavor, and a quick and easy dinner in less than 45 minutes! Check out the best winter comfort food and recipe for those delicious garlic mashed potatoes!
Pot pies are the perfect dinner option for those busy weekday nights or lazy weekend afternoons. There is no preparing. Just grab them out of your freezer, pop them in the oven, and you have a hot, delicious meal in less than an hour!
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Adapted from the Food Network)Total Time: 50 minutes Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 30 minutes Yields: 10 to 12 servings
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 ounces (2 cups) half and half
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan
1. Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are about the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
2. Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Remove potatoes from heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens. Serve and enjoy!
Bring the comforts of home to your family without all the work with Marie Callender’s Pot Pies. This meal will have your family asking for seconds. Our family’s favorite flavor is chicken. Paired with mashed potatoes, this meal is perfect for lunch, dinner or anytime!
Marie Callender’s creates homemade Pot Pies using a buttery, flaky crust made from scratch and high-quality ingredients such as farm grown vegetables and premium cuts of meat that your family can slow down and savor together.
Have you tried Marie Callender’s homemade pot pies? If so, let us know in the comments below!
“Compensation was provided by ConAgra via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of ConAgra.” #ComfortsFromHome