This post was sponsored by T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Are you looking to start some holiday traditions with your family? If so, here are 13 Christmas Traditions Your Kids Will Never Forget!
Don’t you just love Christmas time? The holiday season is the perfect time to celebrate with family because #FamilyIsTheGreatestGift of all! I have so many wonderful holiday memories with my family during the holidays. Memories, such as making my own Christmas ornaments, decorating the tree, riding around and seeing all of the holiday lights, participating in the Christmas parade with my friends, and eating my grandma’s delicious Christmas dinners. These memories I’ve held on to and cherished for all of these years. Now that I’m a mom, it’s so important for me to pass on those wonderful holiday traditions with my own son and even create some new traditions that he can pass on to his own children someday.
If you’re looking for some memorable holiday traditions to start with your family, here are 13 Christmas Traditions Your Kids Will Never Forget!
- Turn on some Christmas music and decorate the Christmas tree as a family. There’s nothing better than Christmas music, hot chocolate and decorating the Christmas tree to really get into the holiday spirit!
- Before decorating your Christmas tree, get the family together and craft some ornaments to add to the tree. What’s better than a Christmas craft day, right?! Don’t forget to put the year on your handmade ornaments for keepsakes to cherish for years to come.
- Get everyone together to bake (and eat) your favorite Christmas cookies.
- Decorate gingerbread houses. Every kids loves to decorate their very own gingerbread house with frosting and candy.
- Drive around for a Christmas lights tour. Is there an area where you live that’s known for their spectacular holiday lights display? If so, get the family in the car and tour the Christmas lights.
- Schedule a Christmas movie marathon. Get the family together on a Saturday night for a fun Christmas movie marathon. Serve hot chocolate, popcorn, Christmas cookies, etc. and grab your pillows and blankets for a movie marathon your kids will never forget!
- Plan a Santa breakfast. The kids will love this! On Christmas Eve morning, surprise the kids with a fun Santa breakfast, complete with green Christmas tree waffles, Rudolph pancakes, Grinch fruit kabobs, and more! I even let my son open one gift at breakfast, which is usually new Christmas pajamas!
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Make reindeer food for Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve, we always go outside and sprinkle reindeer food for Santa’s reindeer. This is a fun tradition my son loves and looks forward to every year!
- Play Christmas minute to win it names. Have a fun family game night – Christmas style! There are so many fun minute to win it games the whole family will enjoy!
- Take your annual family Christmas photo in front of the tree with matching holiday pajamas or holiday attire. Are you that family who loves to wear matching holiday pajamas for Christmas?! Why not make it a tradition and take your holiday photos in front of your Christmas tree every year?!
- Sing Christmas carols at a nursing home. It’s wonderful to show kids how to donate their time and talents during the holidays like singing Christmas carols at a nursing home. Some of these residents may be lonely for the holidays and could really use some holiday cheer! Seeing their faces light up as you sing Christmas carols is such a heart-warming tradition the whole family can do together.
- Volunteer to wrap toys for Toys for Tots or serve a meal at the soup kitchen. There’s nothing better than giving back during the holidays and organizations like Toys for Tots is always in need of volunteers around Christmas. Get the family together and help wrap Christmas gifts for kids in need.
Gift My Gathering Contest
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods know family is the greatest gift. That’s why they are making it possible for five families across the U.S. to get together this holiday season and celebrate with a custom holiday gathering in a Gift My Gathering contest! T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods even teamed up with Carla Hall to share her tips and tricks for great holiday gatherings, allowing more time to focus on what matters most – family.
Now through Nov. 28, 2017, you can visit giftmygathering.com to tell your story and how you would love to spend the holidays with your family. Five families will be selected from across the U.S. to come together for a holiday gathering they will never forget.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Gift My Gathering is sponsored by The TJX Companies, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C. and Puerto Rico, 18 & older. Begins 8:00 a.m. ET on 11/13/17 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/28/17. For official rules, visit giftmygathering.com.
No matter what you decide to do as a family, being together is the most important thing. Something as simple as decorating gingerbread houses together will be a fond memory your children will remember forever.
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods have everything you need to decorate and entertain for the holidays. They even have gifts for everyone on your list!
Which of these 13 Christmas traditions are your favorites? What new holiday tradition will you start with your family this year? Let us know in the comments below!