From Kristina of A Petite Soiree: “Welcome to the Circus!” This party is very special to me because it was my son’s first birthday! First birthdays tend to be on the bigger side. Since I have older children too, I knew I wanted a party that had lots of activities for the kids so the parents could relax a little too! I decided what a better way to incorporate fun than with a circus theme! I thought using a more modern color scheme would add a bit of a new twist on a traditional theme, so I went with turquoise, red, black and white!
I really wanted to use the large gable boxes for the kids’ lunches and I saw a photo of one with a clown nose on top and I was sold! Each box was filled with lunch and bottled water (mini size, of course) and wrapped with a coordinating ribbon and the “lunch” tag.
For the centerpieces, I used plastic popcorn boxes with crinkle paper, and adorned them with lollipops, birthday signs on paper straws and raffle tickets. I decided to set up a concession stand by the kids’ table and have all kid friendly snacks and goodies … easy for grabbing! I had seen the popcorn cupcakes a couple times on Kara’s site and thought this was my chance to give it a try! They got rave reviews, as did the other mini cupcakes from Fairy Cakes Bakery.
Adding a few more sweets, like the “ringmaster belts” and the circus munch recipe I found online, there was plenty to snack on! We had an awesome photo booth from Foto Cabina with lots of clown dress up (the noses were fun for all ages) and that also served as a favor for the families to take home.
Another big hit was the face painter and the mini bouncy for the smallest of party guests! The ultimate for the kiddos was the balloon animals! I had never seen such great ones! We ended the afternoon with what else… cotton candy! George’s First Circus turned out fun and adorable!
Party Styling and Décor: A Petite Soiree, Facebook // Photo Booth: Foto Cabina // Photography: Banana Bugz Photography // Mini Cupcakes: Fairy Cakes Bakery // Face Painter and Balloon Twister: Face Formers
Plan an amazing circus soiree with these fun products:
- Big top cupcake stand
- Clown noses – set of 25
- Circus party treat boxes
- Red and white striped table skirt
- Circus sign cutouts
- Red and white striped table cover
- Popcorn boxes – set of 60
- Circus photo prop
- Kate Aspen table number/card holders – set of 4
- Big top serving bowl
- Cardboard big top cupcake boxes – set of 12
- Circus number 1 candle topper
- Big top tissue bunting decoration
- Big top tent
- Circus party tattoos
- Circus party hat
- Circus animal birthday balloon set
- Pin the nose on the clown game
- Circus time party cups – set of 8
- Circus time dessert plates – set of 8
- Big top birthday plates – set of 8
- Fisher Price circus highchair decorating kit
- Fisher Price circus lantern decoration
- Fisher Price circus candle set
- Fisher Price circus dessert plates – set of 8
- Circus confetti
- Red party bunting paper straws
- Red striped paper straws
- Red striped favor bags